July 28, 2009

Many of you know that I think the world of Children's Mercy Hospital. My niece has been a patient there many times so when I was asked to help with a fundraising project for their new cardiac unit I could not have been more excited. The images that I took for that project I turned into a book which you can see on my web site www.muffetpetrehn.com. The book called "The Gift Of Life" recently won a Fujifilm Masterpiece award and will also travel word wide with the PPA loan collection. The images that you see here are from a second surgery that I photographed at Children's Mercy Hospital. I will be making another book that will be given to the Down Syndrome Guild to help families understand what their child might go though during open heart surgery. I hope that as you look at these images you will be able to see how incredible the Doctors and Nurses and Staff are. Every time that I am at CMH I am so blessed by their skill and genuine care and concern for every child. A special Thank You to Bonnie! You are Awesome! You made sure that I was in the right place at the right time to capture these special images.

No comments: